TheCottageClub Membership Site
Beta Launch Starting Now!
Click the Image to Find Out More
Hiring A Buyers Agent
You Are Here: Buy a Cottage > A Buyers Agent
Please Read a Bit More about How This Program Is Designed
An Exclusive Buyers Agent can assist you with planning, locating and evaluating property, negotiating price and terms,
financing, inspections and more.
Insist on undivided loyalty and the protection of your interests.
You should know that by law, all realtors - even the one showing the cottage or property, listening to your dreams
and your financial details work in the best interest of the seller.
That is, unless smart buyers sign
a Buyer Representation Agreement with a Realtor who will work exclusively on their behalf during the purchase.
Without it, under the law of the agency, Realtors must pass on any information that may influence the
cottage or waterfront home buying negotiations to the sellers of the home that
their customers are bidding on; even how much they would pay for the home or their motivation.
Benefits of a Buyers Agent
Any real estate agent can arrange property showings, provide mortgage assistance, print up information
from the Multiple Listing Service (MLS), explain the forms and agreements and track the whole process.
- Give you unbiased home showings; since we do not represent the seller, we have no incentive to promote only
certain properties and give you our unbiased, expert opinion on each one.
- Exclusive representation; complete loyalty without conflict of interest.
- Full disclosure; complete disclosure of everything we as agents know.
- Wider Geographic Area; most listing agents focus on a limited geographic area. We specialize in only
waterfront real estate in a large geographic area for you.
- Expert Price Guidance; we spend considerable time analyzing sales data to determine the true property value.
- Confidentiality; concerning your money and motivations.
An exclusive buyers agent will point out reasons such as:
And most importantly! Keep confidential any information that could hurt your bargaining position.
- Not to buy a particular property
- Negotiate aggressively for the best price and terms
- Include protective contingency clause in contracts to protect your interests
Here's what leading magazines & newspapers say about
the importance of Exclusive Buyer Representation.
"You can't have partial loyalty, an agent either works for you or works for someone else."
"Groups such as Consumer Federation of America and AARP recommend using buyer's agents... the reason is they work."
KIPLINGER'S CHANGING TIMES
"Exclusive agencies are the best. They remove any conflict of interests, which is the main reason
for considering a buyer broker in the first place."
U.S. NEWS AND WORLD REPORT
"If your agent isn't a Buyer's Agent - he works for the seller."
Buyers Agent - Back to Top
Cottages for Sale - Home Page